Alternate Reality X: Release 0.59




Release 0.59 is now available from the downloads page at www.crpgdev.com. This release fixes and adds a number of features around experience awards, levelling up and level up bonuses for the seven primary stats. There's more work to be done to make experience points accurate across the whole of ARX and the City.

Changes included in this release are:

  • Removed levelling up cap (previously level 5)
  • Added stat bonuses when levelling up
  • Added Strength, Intelligence and Charisma bonuses for repeated successful actions
  • Dungeon encounters now award correct experience points when you defeat them
  • Dungeon encounters now award correct experience points for 50% of hits during combat
  • Removed "spinner" special from Dungeon level 1 map (location 40,15) as it left player trapped
  • Added Knight to Dungeon encounters & related alignment adjustments
  • Added Pauper introduction message
  • Added text for quests to Oracle module
If you like what I'm doing with ARX then please consider dropping me a note, spreading the word online or making a small Paypal donation towards my time. 

All the best,
Acrin1


Comments

  1. Its looking really good. And it will eventually mean I don't have to fight on Ebay for the Atari 8 bit versions! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Will do - lots to try and add over the next few weeks.

      Delete
  2. It has been 25 years and I can still navigate most of the dungeon and the city in my sleep. I eagerly anticipate each update to this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Some of those corridors are burned into my memory :)

      Delete
  3. Sweet.... I eagerly await each update and this one looks really good. Off to slay some baddies and squash any bugs I hope not to find :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope to make the next release a bit meatier but we'll see how I get on. There are still plenty of bugs to be hunted down!

      Delete
  4. Finally, the ability to get to a high enough level to squash those sets of 8.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment